Setting Higher Standards in Children's Health Care
- A leader in children's health for more than 70 years
- Two freestanding children's hospitals: world-renowned Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, DE, and the new Nemours Children's Hospital in Orlando, FL
- U.S. News & World Report’s 2013-14 edition of "Best Children's Hospitals" ranked Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in 8 out of 10 specialties and was named #5 in the country for orthopedic specialty care.
- 152 Nemours physicians are ranked among the Best Doctors in America® for 2011-2012 by Best Doctors®, Inc.
- Family-centered care ranked in the top 20% in key satisfaction areas
- Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children nursing program granted Magnet® status in 2012 by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), in recognition for its professional nursing excellence
Quality & Safety
- Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children was awarded the Elite Distinction as one of 12 Leapfrog Top Children's Hospitals in the country in 2012, recognizing exceptional quality and patient safety
- Excellent quality and safety outcomes, including hospital readmissions for asthma, patient survival rates and surgical infection prevention
Health Information & Technology
- Advanced Electronic Health Record (EHR) technology that works seamlessly across multiple locations
- Among the "Most Wired" hospitals and health systems in the U.S., Hospitals and Health Networks magazine, 2012
- HIMSS Davies Organizational Award of Excellence from the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
- Nemours Center for Children's Health Media, creator of KidsHealth.org — the #1 most-visited website devoted to children's health